Simple fishing


I have not been fishing for a couple of weeks now due to one thing or another. So me and Damon decided we would just have a simple couple hours at a local pond.
I have been on nights all week so Damon picked up a pint of maggots for me.
I Grabbed Jacobs whip, tackle box and the net first thing and headed out for 9am.
Damon was already there fishing with my rod!!!  I had lent it him to fish the river last week.  He was using his new centrepin using bread corn and maggot as bait. I set up Jacobs whip, plumbed the depth and we was off. Went to sit down and realised I had forgot to bring some chairs.
Jacob feeding maggots.
Jacob started feeding the maggots in then I gave him the whip and he started catching fish a few adjustments here and there and a steady stream of fish came to hand a couple needed netting. It slowed down for a while so Jacob practised his casting with the whip. He is getting quite good,  he only struggled because I left the rig a little long.


I swapped with Damon for a while and he fished with Jacob whilst I watched his float but nothing seemed interested in his offerings.
Swapped back after a while and then he was in after a minute. Could have been mine. After a spirited little fight we had it in the net.

Now this is the same fish as the photo at the top of the blog, but looks completely different in each photograph. Is it a crucian or a hybrid? Not too clued up on true crucian vs hybrids but either way it's a bonny fish. Sadly Damon was to have no more on his rod so packed away early and we both helped Jacob with the whip. It was getting late now so we decided to call time and checked the net,  to see what we had caught.
Plenty of roach a lone tiny perch and some lovely looking rudd.


Plenty more fish lost and bites missed little lad loved it. Who needs fancy tackle? A cheap whip a couple rigs pint of maggots and a net great couple hours fun.
 Hopefully have another blog next week as Jacob said he wants to go catch a pike. (That's my Boy) just hope they are obliging. 

Comments